‘Door-to-Shore’ ‘No Fly’ Cruises
After successful cruises in 2010 & 2011, we’re delighted to feature a choice of three cruises for 2012, sailing from either Newcastle or Tilbury, on Cruise & Maritime Voyages ‘Marco Polo’. Over recent years the Marco Polo has built up a strong following and reputation on the British market offering a fine tradition of destination cruising, it is the aim of Cruise & Maritime Voyages to continues in this vein and to provide a great value cruising experience. For 2011 Marco Polo will be a ‘child free’ ship operating exclusively for adult passengers.
The excellent value straightforward fares are designed to avoid confusion with no complicated early booking discount schemes, just compare the fares and you’ll appreciate what wonderful value our cruising holidays are. The cruises do book early so you are recommended to make your reservation without delay to avoid the disappointment of not getting the cruise and cabin of your choice.
ALL THIS IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Comfortable cabin accommodation of your choice
- Excellent service standards from an attentive and well trained staff.
- A selection of full board cuisine plus afternoon teas and late night snack with choice of dining options in the elegant Waldorf Restaurant or more informal Marco’s Restaurant.
- Welcome and Farewell Captain’s cocktail parties
- Self-service tea and coffee from 6.00am – 10.00pm.
- Stylish big show evening entertainment and cabarets. Daytime activities and lecture programmes.
- A wide range of leisure facilities to enrich your time onboard.
- Innovative and exciting itineraries with wonderful ports of call to both maximise time ashore whilst enjoying relaxing days at sea.
- Porterage of luggage and Port taxes
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- Drinks, incidentals and shopping on board the ship.
- Beauty treatments, hairdressing etc.
- Shore excursions – which can be pre-booked approx. 2 months prior to departure or on board with the Shore Excursion staff.
- Gratuities – For your convenience an automatic tipping system is operated so instead of worrying how much and when to tip an amount of £5.00 per person per night will be debited to your onboard account. You have the chance to adjust the amount to be charged to your account in order to reflect your level of satisfaction.On board prices are quoted in Sterling and a cashless system is operated for all onboard purchases. An account is opened for you at the start of your cruise and you sign a debit when purchasing goods and services on board. This is charged to your shipboard account and a final invoice is presented at the end of the cruise itemising all charges. This can be paid by Visa or MasterCard credits cards and, of course, cash. It is NOT POSSIBLE to use debit cards or personal cheques to settle on board accounts. The reception can change small amounts of foreign currency for use in most of the ports of call but we advise, wherever possible, that you take currency with you for on-shore visits.
The three cruises featured are financially protected by South Quay Travel & Leisure Ltd., ABTA no V9945 for whom Andrew’s are an authorised agent.
A SOUTH QUAY TRAVEL & LEISURE BOOKING FORM SHOULD BE USED AND SEPARATE BOOKING CONDITIONS APPLY. PLEASE RING US FOR A BOOKING FORM AND BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR ANY CRUISE HOLIDAYS. A FULL VALID 10 YEAR PASSPORT WILL BE REQUIRED FOR TRAVEL.
The Marco Polo
The Marco Polo is a relatively small ship, accommodating a maximum of 850 passengers. With its traditional teak decks and very comfortable facilities, we think it offers an ideal introduction to cruising for first-timers, it will also suit passengers who prefer a more intimate vessel. With a base at Tilbury’s London Cruise Terminal it’s also ideal for anyone who prefers not to fly!
The 22,080 GRT, Bahamian flagged, Marco Polo is a fully stabilised and air conditioned classic ocean liner, extensively re-built in 1993
- 8 passenger decks serviced by 3 main lobbies and 4 lifts
- Waldorf Restaurant serving a delicious selection of traditional British and international cuisine with a traditional two sitting fixed time dining option
- Marco’s Restaurant (more informal)
- Theatre style Marco Polo Lounge with nightly entertainment
- Elegant Captain’s Club, a perfect venue for pre-dinner cocktails with the resident pianist.
- Relaxing Palm Garden, a quiet spot with wonderful panoramic ocean views
- Stylish Columbus Lounge where the barman will soon get to know your favourite drink.
- Scotts Bar, an ideal spot for night owls
- Daytime and evening entertainment programme
- Library and card room, Internet café, Shops and photo gallery
- Hairdresser, Spa, Sauna, massage facilities and Beauty Centre, Gym
- Outdoor swimming pool and whirlpools
- Medical centre
- Traditional walk around promenade deck
- Main lobby area with reception and shore excursion toursdesk Good selection of comfortable cabins of which 70% have ocean view. Cabins range from standard, superior, premium and deluxe and categories are priced according to position, size and facilities. All cabins are en-suite with shower, washbasin, toilet, and a hairdryer. All cabins have T.V. for satellite channels and in-house movies, telephone, two music channels and a safe. The more spacious higher graded de-luxe cabins also have sitting areas, panoramic ocean views, bath and fridge.
SUMMARY OF ‘DOOR TO SHORE’ ‘NO FLY’ CRUISES SELECTION
Prices shown maybe subject to supplements, please consult the full brochure for exact details. Page 55