You can contact us for general data protection queries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to The Data Protection Officer, Andrew’s of Tideswell, Anchor Garage, Tideswell, Derbyshire, SK17 8RB. 01298 871222 option1. Please advise us of as much detail as possible to comply with your request.
- Your Personal Information
- Our Use of Your Information
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We may disclose information to our suppliers and service providers, who may be located outside the UK/EEZ, so that we can provide you with your holiday services, including transfers, flight, holiday, Insurance, etc. Only information that is necessary for this purpose is disclosed. For air holidays, it may be a mandatory requirement, imposed on airlines by governments at the point(s) of departure and/or destination, to disclose your information for security and anti-terrorism purposes which they determine as appropriate.
- We may use your information for the purpose under which we are registered with the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations. We may disclose your information to companies who carry out data processing services on our behalf such as for administration, business management, operations, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, analysis and other normal business practices. If we search against the files of credit reference agencies, they will record the search and hence the way in which you conduct your account with us may be shared with other lenders and credit agencies.
- Some of the data we collect about you, such as relating to health, may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2016. We collect it to cater for your needs or act in your interest, but we do so on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking your holiday with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information (which may contain sensitive personal data) to us in circumstances where we need to act in the interest of everyone in the group you are travelling with. For example, if you become ill and your illness is infectious, we may need to make special arrangements for you and also ensure you do not return to the group immediately.
- If we provide information to a third party we will require it and any of its agents and/or suppliers to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Fair Processing Notice.
- We may also share your information with anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf.
If you do not agree to our use of your information in the manner described above, we cannot accept your booking.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information in line with industry practices, including storage in electronic and paper formats. We store all the information that you provide to us, including information provided via forms you may complete on our websites, and information which we may collect from your browsing (such as clicks and page views on our websites). Any new information you provide to us may be used to update an existing record we hold for you.
- We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided unless we are required by law or have other legitimate reasons to keep it for longer (for example if necessary for any legal proceedings).
- We will normally keep information for no more than 6 years after termination or cancellation of a product, contract or service we provide.
- Direct Marketing material
- We may from time to time contact you by post with information on offers and holidays and related services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or promotions.
- You may indicate your preference to also receive our direct marketing material for the above purposes by telephone or e-communications (email, SMS or e-brochure) on our website or forms, or to staff at the time you first supplied us with your information.
- Under data protection law you have the right to change or withdraw your consent and to request details of any personal data that we hold about you.
- Where we have no legitimate reason to continue to hold your information, you have the right to be forgotten.
- If you wish to inform us of changes in consent for marketing please contact us at the address or telephone number indicated in any recent correspondence or emails you have received from us.
- Further details of your rights can be obtained by visiting the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk.
- To ensure that we carry out our instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in interest of security, we may monitor and /or record telephone calls and customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.